In today’s world, people are smartphone centered. The biggest fear may be when your iPhone is stolen or lost. Apart from the price tag that the iPhone comes with, there is plenty of valuable data that is at danger of going into wrong hands. It is smart to keep specific apps handy that can help in an unfortunate event of a lost phone. Here is a remarkable app that can help you track and recover your iPhone in case it is stolen or lost.
Find My iPhone
It is an app from Apple that helps to find lost, misplaced or stolen iPads and iPhones. It will show the location of the misplaced device on a map based on the last known location. There is a “Lost Mode” that locks down the machine and displays a custom message too. Just like the Google’s Find Device for the Android, it has a lot more options than just finding your device. You will be able to play a sound, display a custom message, lock down your device, view recent location history, get directions of driving and remotely wiping the complete device as well. Follow the following steps for activating Find My phone on the device:
- Download Settings app and tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Click iCloud and look for Find My Phone and click on its switch to make it visible.
- Use steps that are given below to find lost device with the use of Find My iPhone:
- Open iCloud in the browser and log in to your account.
- Select “Find iPhone” and provide Apple ID if it is required.
- Click on “All devices” and click the name of the device you want to track.
It will show your device on a map, and you will be able to zoom in and zoom out it.
There will also be some apparent options like “Play Sound,” “Lost mode” and “Erase iPhone.” Click on any of it for a specified action.